Buying Custom Wigs in Canada is easy, but you have to take special care of it and this requires practice and some certain techniques to ensure that your wigs have a long life. The best way to care for your custom wig is to take extra care when cleaning it, particularly trying to avoid tangling and knotting the hair.
Just follow some of the points below mentioned to retain your wig’s health:
- Add one full cup of specially formulated wig shampoo to lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Gently shake the wig in the water for at least four minutes; completely immerse the wig in water for good results.
- Repeat this whole process again but this time by adding a good quality conditioner for wigs.
- Wash the hair in clean water.
- Gently shake and blot out any excess water in your custom wig using a towel.
- Leave the wig to drip dry till it is damp, you can do this at room temperature.
- Make sure that the hair on the wig is not tangled and in case it is tangled simply use a wide toothed brush or comb to remove the tangles.
Tips to Styling Your Custom Wigs
It is very simple and easy to style wigs if you know how to do it properly. The golden rule to styling wigs is that you must never brush the hair when it is still wet. If you are combing the hair after wearing it, hold the cap or base of the wig to reduce the chances of breakage of hair. You can always use a curling tong, heated rollers and a hairdryer to style your custom wig to get your desired look; but only if the wig is made from real human hair. Remember not to heat the hair for too long or it might permanently damage the wig. The trick to maintaining the style of your hair is not to brush the hair too much.
Never heat or use things such as heated rollers on fiber hair; neither indirect nor direct heat should be applied to it. You can use a high-quality oil to brush away tangles and knots on wigs, this will also give it a shine and healthy look.
If you have bought Online Custom Wigs than you can also shop online for wig care products such as fiber oil conditioners or a sprays and gels that will maintain the style of the wigs consistently so that you do not have to labor over it every time.
Store Wigs Safely
Make sure that you store wigs safely away from any direct sunlight as the fiber hair wigs have the tendency to fade color if they are exposed to direct sunlight for too long. Also keep the wig on a stand specifically made for wigs. This will also help the wig retain its shape and prevent the hair from getting all tangled up.
If you are planning to buy custom wigs in Canada we recommend that you purchase from an online store as they offer products at affordable prices and guide you with tips to handling your wigs in the right manner.