The following information is for people who have just purchased a full lace or front lace custom wig and want to know how to apply it correctly. With proper application, your new full or front lace wig will be undetectable even at close range and will resemble real hair growing right out of your scalp! Read on to learn how to do it on your own.
- Use pins or clips to move the baby hairs around the perimeter of your lace wig to keep them out of the way of the lace and out of the glue.
- Carefully trim the lace around the hairline of the full lace wigs. Cut all of the lace right up to the hairline. You can leave a 1/2 inch of lace if needed.
- Braid your hair in cornrows or wrap it to make it flat and put on your wig cap. Use a colour that matches your skin tone.
- Take some alcohol and put it on a cotton ball and clean around the entire perimeter of your head (wherever you plan to apply the wig).
- Apply a thin layer of glue around the perimeter of your head using a flat wooden stick or a makeup brush. Make sure to pull your wig cap forward a little and allow the glue to also go onto the wig cap. This will ensure your hair underneath is protected.
- Allow the glue to dry for about a minute and get sticky as this will allow your wig to hold better. The glue should have a tacky feeling when its dry and ready for you to apply the wig.
- Align your wig when placing it on your head to all of the areas around your hairline and do not press down until you have it all placed correctly where you want it. To ensure that your wig is in the right place on your head always bond the wig starting at the center of your hairline.
- Once your wig is applied, tie down your hair with a silk or satin scarf. This will allow the glue to set and dry properly. You can also take a blow dryer to assist in the drying and bonding process. And voila, enjoy your new beautiful hair.